Chart of the Week: CEOs Are Getting Fired Less Often, and That’s a Good Thing
Of the CEOs who parted ways with the world’s 2,500 largest companies in 2014, only 14% were forced out – the remaining 86% of the departures were planned, according to Strategy&. Back in 2000, those numbers stood at 35% and 65%, respectively. Does this dramatic change suggest that boards are becoming more complacent about their chief executives? No, Per-Ola Karlsson writes on HBR.org. It shows that boards are getting better at selecting the right leaders.
To view, download, and share charts and graphics like this one, visit our Visual Library (sign-in required).
HBR Guide to Leading TeamsGreat teams don't just happen. As a team leader, you have the power to improve things, so it's up to you to get people to work well together and produce results.
The HBR Guide to Leading Teams will help you avoid the pitfalls you've experienced in the past by focusing on the often-neglected people side of teams. With practical exercises, guidelines for structured team conversations, and step-by-step advice, this guide will help you: Pick the right team members; Set clear, smart goals; Foster camaraderie and cooperation; Hold people accountable; Address and correct bad behavior; and Keep your team focused and motivatedBuy Now
Get unlimited access on HBR.org – all of July and August!Sign up for a FREE account to:
*does not include magazine subscriptions
Copyright © 2015 Harvard Business School Publishing, an affiliate of Harvard Business School. All rights reserved.
Harvard Business Publishing
60 Harvard Way
Boston, MA 02163
1-617-783-7600 (outside the U.S. and Canada)