Packing for business trips can be tricky, especially if your trip is long and involves several destinations. To make the process easier, follow these steps before you embark:
- Make a packing list a couple of weeks prior to departure.
- Pack your chargers and toiletries first to make sure they’ll fit.
- Build several outfits around one pair of shoes to economize space.
- Select versatile outerwear and wear it on the plane.
- Choose clothes that can be mixed and matched, such as black or grey items, with a few bright complementary accessories. Avoid packing clothes that wrinkle easily.
- Squeeze in anything else you may need, like an umbrella.
- Weigh your bag so you can adjust if it exceeds the airline’s limit.
- After the trip, note which items you didn’t use so you can plan accordingly next time.
Adapted from “A Step-by-Step Guide to Packing for a Complicated Work Trip,” by Sarah Green Carmichael